17.01.2021 Indico page
The tutorial will be in two parts: a short one about the usage of SMEFTsim in FeynRules and a longer one about the usage for MC event generation.
They are completely independent.
Part 1: SMEFTsim in FeynRules
- Mathematica 12.
If you do not have a license from your home institute, you can get a 15-day trial license from the Wolfwam website
- Download the SMEFTsim FeynRules source from the GitHub repository
Part 2: SMEFTsim in MadGraph5
- MadGraph5_aMC@NLO v2.6 or more recent, including the reweight module.
- ROOT with PyROOT (for python2.7) alternatively:
- The virtual machine
Delphes2020.vdiavailable here . Please follow the installation instructions provided. Note that the machine is about 4GB, so it might take some time to download.
- We will use the latest version of the UFO model
You can either download it from the GitHub repository and copy it into the
MADGRAPH/models/directory or import it from the FeynRules database: after opening MadGraph, type
import model SMEFTsim_U35_MwScheme_UFOThe model will be automatically downloaded.
- NEW A tarball with some scripts. Download with
If you are using the Virtual Machine, make sure to download all the material within the virtual environment.